Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fall Focus 2007

I am so fortunate this year to be doing PWOC again. This year I was fortunate enough that Robert took leave and made time for me to go to the annual retreat called Fall Focus. What a time of spiritual growth and renewal. I can honestly say, I had a blast and am already looking forward to Fall Focus 2008, which will be an international conference. PWOC has been such a great thing in my life the last about 2 years. It has really helped me realize a lot about myself. This retreat just really brought it all home. I was remind that through Christ I can do anything and that I am only given what I can handle at any given time. Have you ever been at a point in your life when you truly wondered why in the world these things were happening. I have, and I fell away from God, but he never left me, and pulled me through it.

It was during this weekend I was reminded of that yet again. This retreat was a time for fellowship, worship, and most of all a way for me to get back into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As one of the shirts at the retreat put it, I am a Princess, my Father is the King of Kings!

I was away from my family for 4 days. We traveled from OK to MO in vans. It took us about 8 hours to get there. The place was beautiful! It was in the middle of no where and truly remind me that God created this world from nothing. We spent the days with Worship and workshops of our choosing. We were also given free time on both Friday and Saturday. Saturday, the group I was with decided to go to a place called the Edge. It's a challenge course designed to push your limits. WOW, is all I can say. I climbed a 35 foot tower, walked a cable bridge, crossed a log, and then went down a zip line. It was such a wonderful experience, and definitely encouraged us all to reach down and just do things we wouldn't normally do.

The last evening we were there, they had a formal dinner. Since our PWOC theme for the year is Preparing for the Bridegroom, we had a wedding feast. The food was wonderful and we all left feeling just like a bride! I can't put into words what this weekend meant to me. I know God blessed me and brought me closer to all the ladies who went. I know God will continue to bless me in the months and years to come, and when he's ready, I can't wait to go home with him, to the home that he's been preparing for all of us! Will you be going with me?

I will be adding pictures to the blog after a bit...it will be another post.

No comments: