Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

It was a little over a week ago, and I still can't get things back in order, LOL. As with every year, we had our own Christmas magic this year. Robert, myself, and the kids were actually able to go to Kansas City for Christmas and spend it with my family. I never thought that would be possible since I was working in retail, but it all worked out! The kids are still there for the rest of Christmas break enjoying time with my family. My Mom and sister will bring them back just before school starts again for them.

So a quick rundown, we left Oklahoma City on Christmas Eve to make the drive to Kansas City. The weather was good and we made it there without problem. Christmas Eve, we went to IHOP with all my extended family and church, then over to my Aunt's house to open presents. The kids were so tired by the time we got home, we didn't even attempt to open presents at my Mom's. Just put them to bed after making a Santa plate and putting the reindeer food on Mom's yard. Patrick made it at school, so we couldn't forget to put it out.

The kids woke up around 8:00 and we wet to see if Santa had come. He did and they all must have been really good this year because as usual Santa left tons of stuff. This year, the boys big gift was a Home Depot work bench and Sawhorse. They also got Hot Wheels, and a few other things from Santa. Kaitlyn got a kitchen this year. To which she replied, "My kitchen, I love it!" Leave it to the 2 year old to be so darn cute! She was also very happy that Santa gave her another Cabbage Patch doll. Every year Santa bring her a new baby and that was what she asked for this year.

After, Santa presents were open, we proceeded to the mountain of presents under my Mom's tree, and if you think I'm kidding, wait until I get the pictures! This year everyone was surprised. The kids got tons of stuff, some of the highlights, because it would take me forever to list it all, are the Fisher Price Digital Art Studio, games, Hot Wheels and sets to play with them on, Transformers, Remote Controlled Cars, A Rocking Chair, doll house accessories, desks (these were opened the Sunday before Christmas due to a change of plans), the Click Start Computer, and that's only a little of what they got. As for myself and Robert, this year we got a lot too. Robert, got a new guitar from me, and the new Season of 24 and a Zelda game. I got a pair of cross earrings from Robert and some DS games. And then a surprise happened...Santa visited the whole family!

The Baker family got a Wii for Christmas! Not only that, but 2 games to go with it. Thanks Santa and Mom and Dad!!

So after opening gifts we all settled down to play with our stuff. Robert, Christina, and myself played Wii for a while, and then we got Kimberly and played a game of electronic Life. This was all before dinner.

My Mother prepared a wonderful dinner. Turkey and Ham with all the trimming. And as usual we all ate WAY TOO MUCH. But, it was a great day, and I'm glad I got to spend it with Family.

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy New Year!

No comments: