Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two more busy weekends...part 1

So I told everyone we were going to be having some fun in September.  Well, we've had 2 weekends packed full!  The weekend of September 17th was incredibly busy, but oh so much fun!

Friday the kids knew something was up, but they had no clue.  When I woke them that morning for school, I told them to place their game boy, pillow, and blanket outside in the hallway for later.  All morning all I heard is where are we going, tell me, tell me, please.  But, I managed to keep it a secret and send them off for a day of wondering at school.  What they didn't know was, Robert and I had packed the car with sleeping bags, the air mattress etc for a special treat. 

When Robert got home from work, we were all ready to go.  A few stops for gas, drinks, and snacks, and we were on our way!  Where were we going you ask?  To Jenks, OK!  The Oklahoma Aquarium was our destination, for a sleepover!  The kids had no clue, but after a hour and a half we pulled into the parking lot and then they got all excited.  The first question we got was do we really get to sleep here?  Yes, you sure do.

The night was spent spending time as a family. Touch tanks were open, which the kids loved! We got to see the aquarium not only in their lighting, but in the evening we got to see it by flashlight, and watch a movie. I think we went to bed around 11:30 or 12:00, but we had a good time.











The night was spent spending time as a family.  Touch tanks were open, which the kids loved!  We got to see the aquarium not only in their lighting, but in the evening we got to see it by flashlight, and watch a movie.  I think we went to bed around 11:30 or 12:00, but we had a good time.

Then on Sunday we did the OK State Fair and Disney on Ice.  This is the second year we've done Disney on Ice and I have to say, They know how to bring Disney to you!  It was a wonderful show, but I think the best part of things, as always was seeing the happy faces on my children!  Here are a few, very few, of the pictures I took.


















Will post more about another BIG weekend soon.

No comments: