Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home again...finally

I feel like we've been gone for a while, but I know it really hasn't been that long. My sister is in town now too so I don't know how often updates will be for the next week either. Let's see...we took our trip to Washington DC for my cousin's funeral and stayed an extra day for sight seeing. We stayed at my parent's house for one day and then back home. Really it was a fast trip, but I'm glad we did it. I felt like saying good bye and thank you for giving his life for our country was an honor. While the kids don't understand...it will be something to tell them when they are older. May he rest in peace and know that his job on Earth was done, and we will all see him again someday.

We stayed an extra day in DC and did some sight seeing. We were able to go see pretty much everything we wanted. I think the boys favorite was either the Lincoln Memorial or as they put it, "The Big Pencil". For the most part they all did really well in the car. I will post some pictures soon.

Other than that, life is getting back to normal. The boys went back to school on Thursday for the one day and then will get back into things this week. They seem to be happier with school again.

Since I have time...here are some pictures...

This is in front of the Washington Monument.


At the World War II Memorial.


I think this is the only picture I have of Kaitlyn alone this trip.


Me and the kids at Arlington National Cemetery.


Okay, that's all I have online right now. I'll have to get some others loaded, but I will post those later.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am glad to hear that you were able to make it to the funeral. Your sightseeing in W-D.C. looks great... I need to get there someday.
Glad to hear that you all are doing okay.