Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's Fall Break

So, it's 8:51am on the first day of Fall break, and the kids are already driving me crazy! Kaitlyn is sitting at the table screaming because Patrick is talking to her. So what does Patrick do, yell at her some more to make her scream louder. Some days are just like that with him. If this keeps up this is going to be an interesting fall break. Anyway, did I tell you all what happened yesterday?

I was downstairs filing bills and what not while the kids were upstairs playing, or so I thought. Around 10am, Michael comes downstairs and says, "Mommy, Kaitlyn's stuck in the sink." It's during this that I notice his hair is wet and he's taken him PJ's off. I asked him about it only to be told he doesn't know why he's wet. Well, we all know that's not the truth. I walk upstairs to find Kaitlyn stuck in the sink like he said, COVERED in soap! And not just any soap, but the soap I bought the day before because they thought they needed to use the last bottle to clean the boys' bedroom while I was at work a few nights ago. And, not only is Kaitlyn covered in soap, she's still in her PJ's and there is soap everywhere. In the tub, sink, toilet, floor, step stool. If it has a surface in our bathroom it has soap on it. So, I have to give Kaitlyn a bath to get all the soap off, but the tub has so much soap it turns more into a bubble bath and I have a hard time getting the soap off. So after about an hour of cleaning and bathing, the bathroom is clean and so is Kaitlyn, but I've learned lesson.....

Leave the Bathroom door locked and make them ask me to go to the bathroom.

While this may sound extreme, this is the only way they are going to get the point. This is the second time they have done this in 3 days so obviously our first method of punishment, taking away the playroom, wasn't enough. So for now they will have to use one of the other two bathrooms in the house....mine or the one downstairs.

So, here's to a good Fall Break...hopefully we all survive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you have your hand full. It takes a wonderful mommy to see through all. Love to read all updates. The kids are so big. Love Aunt Carmen