Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sending my baby to school!

Four years ago, I was thinking this day would never come. She would always be my tiny little princess that I could hold in my arms forever, but here we are, August 12, 2009, and tomorrow I'm sending the little princess off to school. Kaitlyn is a happy, healthy, thriving four year who tomorrow will go to her first day of prekindergarten.

I can say I am thrilled to send her, well at least in a way. I'm thrilled she will be with other kids her age, she will be with a great teacher, who also taught Michael, and she is READY! I'm sad because she's my baby, and I honestly don't know if I'm ready to let her go. She might be my last and I'm not ready to admit that.

I know this is only half days and she will be with me in the mornings, but this is a big step! She looked at me just yesterday and said, "Mommy, I will miss you when I'm at school, but I promise I will come home. It will be okay." I truly know it will!

No comments: