Saturday, September 30, 2006

Am I really that horrible of a person????

Okay so today I resigned from a play group that I have been a member of since 2004. I started taking the boys so they would have others their age to play with and then about a year ago, when Robert left on one of his deployments, we stopped really participating because we moved back to MO to be with family. Well during this time there was a flurry of new members, which of course being out of state I never met, anyway there have been some problems, but I never thought it would get so bad I'd think about resigning.

For future reference this is the ticker I'm talking about...



This morning, I come across this email...

DOD WE OR DO WE NOT HAVE A NO NUDITY RULE ON THIS BOARD? Because, I got tell y'all, I am so sick of seeing Jennifer's naked little girl. We've got members with weirdo husbands and boyfriends and who knows who else on here and really, there's no problem posting a naked picture of your kid? UM, something AIN'T RIGHT here. It's offensive. Perhaps not to everyone, but to me, it is.

First off, I didn't even think about the picture being there. It's Kaitlyn's 12 month picture, and I don't see anything wrong with it. Second, I think that if she had a problem with it, it couldhave been handled differently. So I wrote this back because I was really frustrated...

I'm so sorry to have offended you. That has been on her ticker forever! I'm done! This is absolutely ridiculous. First we throw members out who are looking for support and now this. This group has become a place I no longer for comfortable and most of the members just aren't what I'm looking for for me kids. And since I'm moving no point in staying.

XXXXXX, you have my email if you want to contact me.

GOODBYE!
Jennifer


Okay so while I most likley would have resigned soon anyway, due to the move, this isn't the way I wanted it. I feel like it was benefitting the boys and I should have stuck it out longer, but I don't want to deal with people who think I'm a bad person. I honestly forgot the picture was on there...I had to physically go look for the picture so I knew what was being spoke of at the time.

So I get this back...

Actually, it was handled through a moderator. You were the reason for the no nudity rule. However, you apparently need to be smacked over the head with the obvious to catch a subtlety, so I did. I would say I'm sad to see you go, but I really thought you were a nuisance on the group anyway, what with the pecans in the graveyard crap that you pulled, so bye.

Then I wrote this and blocked her email because I don't want to deal with it anymore...

Well, I was never contacted by a moderator in response to my ticker and that should have been done if that was a problem. You are apparently one of those people that believe the rules only apply to others! I believe that nudity clause was placed due to another forward in the group of a little boy peeing in the backyard naked. If you want honesty, I didn't even know what picture you were talking about until I looked. That was a picture of my daughter from 12 months old, and I found nothing wrong with it. If it was something I wouldn't have displayed in my own home I wouldn't have it on my email. Sorry you think I am such a horrible person. I'm glad to be rid of you as well, apparently the feeling is mutual.

I just feel like this group has become so high schoolish, and why should I expse my kids to that. There have also been other problems in the group...I mean, just the other day theybanned another member who no one had ever met due to problems with her ex or soon to be ex-husband. This girl was just looking for support with her divorce and such and they just ban her becasue people don't want to be exposed to her ex. I've always been taught to get to know people before making a judgement, but apparently not everyone is raised like that.

Oh well, I guess I just feel like cliques were formed and I was pushed out. And it does kind of hurt, but such is life. I guess we will move on and be better off without this group in our lives.



2 comments:

Sara said...

Yikes, some people have to find trouble where ever they are. Sorry your playgroup became possessed. Only a few more weeks and you would have had to leave them anyway. Hope things are going well with all of you!

Melissa said...

Jennifer,

That totally sucks and was handled terribly! You are so much better off not participating in a group that makes you feel anything less than happy and supported. Their loss...

((hugs))