Friday, January 19, 2007

If it's not one thing it's another

Well as most people will say, if it's not one thing...it's another and so that' where we are today.

It all started yesterday when I decided to do laundry. I got everything loaded, like always, started the washer...heard water running left the room. Didn't think anything of it until lunch time. I remembered I had a load in and needed to switch it and get the next load going. I go into the laundry room, lift the lid to the washer, and do you know what I see?? A washer full of water!! It never finished cycling. So, I play with the dial, check the electricity in the room, everything I can think of and nothing works. It won't drain, cycle, or even start for that matter. So, I call Robert on his cell phone...he has no clue what I'm talking about. He comes home and looks at it and can't figure it out. We go out for the evening, and come home and he attempts to take it apart to no avail...couldn't get inside without a lot more work than he wanted to put in it at 9:00 pm, so he tried to turn it on. Guess what...it actually turns on and starts going. Okay, it's a little loud, but if it will drain I'll take it. We decide to stay up with it while it cycles to see if we can figure out what's going on. It went fine for about 10 minutes, when we hear it shut off. What is going on? We go look and it hasn't drained or anything. He said I think it's the motor, so I guess now we have to go look for a new washer at least. If I have to replace one I'm thinking we might be better off just to replace both, but I don't know right now...this just isn't something I want to deal with right now. I have no way to do laundry and we have a big winter storm coming in that is supposed to give us between 5-12 inches of snow. I don't want to have to deal with all of this at once!!!! And I know God won't give me more than I can handle and everything happens for a reason, but I have no clue where money for a new washer is coming from. I fell like every time we start to get ahead, we fall farther and farther behind...UGH! Thanks for listening...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Aw, Jennifer, I am sorry to hear about your washing machine. I wouldn't handle that well at all. I know that you get get a washer pretty cheap, it won't be the BEST, but it'll be a washer. I know that Lowe's has a credit card you can apply for too, then you could take all year to pay for it.
Hope things start looking up for you :) HUGS