Friday, January 12, 2007

Is the world coming to an end??

Last night we went to Walmart couldn't find a parking space in the parking lot. Needless to say we didn't even try the store. Now I understand that we are having an ice storm coming in, but my goodness. People are acting like it is the end of the world and they won't be able to get out for at least a week. They are calling for it to be bad this weekend, starting today and ending on Sunday. Then we decided well we will go on base to the BX and Commissary. The BX was completely out of salt so that was a no go. And the Commissary was as bad as Walmart! The line wrapped around the whole store. Now mind you they have a queue for people that is two lanes, and it addition to that it wrapped around from the diary section to the produce, and this was less than an hour before closing. So imagine you local grocery store that bad and you will know what I'm talking about. The good thing for us was I was able to get everything I need in less than 15 items so we got to go through the express line. I was smart and went and got my WIC while the kids were in school, of course that is a totally different store since I ended up leaving my wallet there, but anyway...it was recovered and everything was in it...I only left it for about 5 minutes and the cashier had found it immediately.

I understand the weather is going to get bad, but I guess people don't keep anything on hand here, of well hopefully it won't be too bad.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good thing you already have a decent stock of necessities. I don't understand why people go crazy either.
Stay safe and warm!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL welcome to the south.. Anytime bad weather like that it will be crazy.. I always laughed cause I was never one of them.