Thursday, January 18, 2007

One week and more expected

Well as of today the boys haven't gone to school in a week. I didn't realize how old they are really getting until having them home full time again. I will have to find them something to do this summer or I'm going to go nuts. Anyway, we did get ice and sleet, but not near as bad as the weathermen predicted. It might have been a couple inches total over the weekend. Anyway the boys were out of school Monday for Martin Luther King Jr Day, but then starting Tuesday they've been out because of the weather. They don't have the ability to clear roads here, so road conditions are hazardous for buses and such so we just cancel school. And while I agree that this is good for safety reasons, I'm beginning to wonder how many days of school they are planning on tacking on at the end of the year. They've already taken away 2 holidays...none of which affect the boys since they don't go to school on Fridays.

The other thing is, I'm going crazy!! I really need that time with them in school. That's when I can get the cleaning and housework done, and with them home it's a bear to find time for that. I finally got some of it done yesterday and Robert was very thoughtful when he got home, but I feel like I'm neglecting it during times like this. I wonder how this summer is going to go...I guess at least then I will be able to send them outside in the backyard.

The bad news of all of this is they are calling for another round of winter storms to hit us this weekend! We are being predicted to get 5-10 inches of snow, most of which will fall on Saturday. I hoping if won't be that bad, but I really don't think the boys will be going back to school next week either...only time will tell.

No comments: